Monday, October 8, 2012

Bubbling Over

As I sit here at LAX waiting to board my flight to Australia, I'm literally bubbling over with happiness. Yes, I'm happy to be going to a country I've always dreamed to visit. However, that's not the reason I'm in this euphoric state.

The reason I'm glowing with happiness is due to a flood of emails, texts, cards, etc. from friends and family all over the U.S. I feel so supported and loved...and when I'm surrounded by this kind of support, I will never feel alone, even halfway around the world!

I'm so lucky to have the friends and family that I do. Each person adds wonderful things to my life. Until you step outside your comfort zone and do something off the beaten path, you never test boundaries with the people in your life. From my decision to go abroad, I've realized how amazing my core group of friends and family really is. They accept and support me for who I am. Without them, I wouldn't have the strength to go out on an adventure of this caliber.

Okay, okay. I'll try to subdue the emotional posts. I'll make the next one about Vegemite or kangaroos or something else very cliche!

No comments:

Post a Comment