Thursday, September 20, 2012

To Be (Structured) or Not To Be?

As my life-changing trip to Australia draws nearer and nearer, I keep going back and forth between what I should do for work while I'm there. A couple different opportunities have been thrown my way and I'm not sure which direction to choose. Regardless of what I end up doing, I know it will be beneficial to my personal (and professional) growth.

So do I commit to a structured job where I have a certain amount of hours each week and accommodations figured out ahead of time for me? Or do I pick up odds and ends touring jobs in various cities across the continent?

For my entire life, I've always planned EVERYTHING. I plan to the point where there's a plan B, C, and D in place as well. It's great knowing various ways I can make things work, but to be honest...it's exhausting! For one day, I would love to know what it feels like to NOT have a plan. To just be. This alone leads me to one of my goals on this trip: to learn how to be worry-free in a no worries society. In America, I sometimes get caught up in the Rat Race and forget about the important things in life like family, friends, and mental calmness. In Australia, I want to embrace the laidback attitudes of Aussies. I want to talk to as many people as I can and learn something from each person I have a conversation with, whether it be good or bad. I want to become my best self and in turn help others to become their best selves.

Life is good. I'm thankful to be embarking on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment